måndag 7 mars 2011

Triops: Day one!

I never thought they would hatch, but they did. And it is awesome. The process was quite hard I believe, at least for kids (which I think this product was aimed for).

So what was needed?

1. Some kind of tank. I used a large 3 litre glass jar.
2. Distilled water. You can get it pretty much everywhere. It's called "battery water" where I live.
3. Lamp to give them light and heat.
4. Some kind of thermometer. The ideal temperature for these "animals" are around 22-25 Celsius.
3. Triop eggs.

Mix everything together and wait...

Here's the setup btw:


After roughly 2 days I started to see movement. They were like tiny grains or jerky sand corns. Almost impossible to capture on photo as I don't have a macro lens, but this should give you an idea of how they look like. (yes it is that blurry thing in the middle)


I've heard that they grow fast. Can't wait to see how big they are tomorow.

1 kommentar:

  1. This is seriously interesting stuff..pls keep us posted!

    SvaraRadera